Leah is a Somatic Breathwork Practitioner, Reiki Energy Practitioner, Breathing Behavior Analyst, Masters of Social Work student, dancer, traveler, and lover of nature!
She has traveled throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, and beyond to share transformational experiences with individuals, groups, festivals, and recovery centers.
Leah's mission is love. She envisions a world where each of us are rooted in our inherent belonging and purpose. A world where we are deeply connected to ourselves, one another, and Mother Earth.
HOW AND WHY ARE YOU DEDICATED TO THIS SERVICE?
Leah is dedicated to serving humanity through the medicine of the breath. She understands that we heal in the safe space of relationship. We heal in the embrace of community. And we heal by the power of love, for it is love that shapes us and changes us.
Leah is devoted to the ways of compassion, connection, play and presence. Leah guides people to expand their awareness and learn to source wisdom from within. Resourced and resilient, we can walk our unique path in allyship with our heart, gut, and soul.
- Certified Clarity Breathwork Practitioner (originally Rebirthing)
- Trained in Numa Somatics Integrative Breathwork (combination of Transformational Breath, Shamanic Breath, Somatic Psychotherapeutics, and Sound Healing)
- Earned a Diploma in Behavioral Breathing Science from the Professional School of Behavioral Health Sciences (Somatic Biofeedback (EMG), Autonomic Biofeedback (HRV), and Behavioral Counseling)
- Certified Breathing Behavior Analyst from the Professional School of Behavioral Health Sciences (Respiratory Psychophysiology, Breathing Habit Analysis, and Behavioral Modification)
- Currently studying for her Masters in Social Work at Barry University
- Certified Usui/Holy Fire® Reiki Master Practitioner and Teacher
- B.A in Cultural Anthropology and a B.A. in Art from the University of California Santa Barbara
- Study-abroad student in Thailand where she discovered Thich Nhat Hanh and the teachings of Buddhism, mindfulness, and meditation
- Professional Development: Trauma-Informed Training for yoga and mindfulness in a prison context with Yoga Behind Bars, Healing Trauma with Dr. Peter Levine, Trauma-Informed Equity and Diversity Training with Kai Cheng, NVC (Non-Violent Communication), Women’s Mystery School (HER), private mentoring in emotionality and sexuality, and more.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT LEAH
“Throughout our session there was a sense of ease and trust. Leah brings her gifts of lightness, depth, rigour and spontaneity into her sessions. Her ability to create and hold sacred space created an opening and willingness for my body and breath to do exactly what it needed to surrender. I allowed myself to submit and shut down for decades in my marriage. Leah’s invitation and guidance allowed me the safety and security to let go. Leah’s deep holy listening to my intention coupled with the exchanges we had in our previous sessions made me feel completely honored and loved. What came out of the session will continue to reverberate within me, hopefully forever. I feel on a journey now with my breath to find that happy marriage I have been seeking within myself.” – Nancy Medwell, Ayurvedic Practitioner & Kundalini Yogi
“My experience working with Leah through breathwork has been truly amazing. From the moment you enter her space, Leah creates a sense of trust and security, allowing the breathwork to flow. Her knowledge and experience is a unique match. Over my many sessions with Leah I have uncovered and learned so much, and been supported in a much needed way. Her work is expansive, and one of my favorite things from working with her is she is truly a guide to your findings – everything is already within you. If you’re just getting into breathwork (or Reiki), exploring it for the first time, or have been doing it for years, I highly recommend taking sessions with Leah – her guidance, knowledge and trust is unique and I have yet to find another teacher that has been as transformative as she has been for me.” – Sydney Johnson, Account Manager & Marketing
“The level of healing I’ve been able to reach through Leah’s guidance has been one of the greatest blessings in my life. Opening a door to deep deep release and freedom from the sadness I’ve carried for so long. Leah’s approach of genuine compassion and true understanding has allowed me to get to a place I’ve always been afraid of – vulnerability. Her voice, her sincerity, and her own experience provided the necessary container to allow me to trust again. Not just in her, but in myself as well. Getting to know my inner workings. I will always be grateful for crossing paths with this beautiful and kindred spirit. With my entire being, thank you.” – Bryant Novak
“Breathwork with Leah was a powerful, life-changing experience. I had never done breathwork before and didn’t really know what to expect. The rush of energy, emotions, and realizations I had in one hour was unbelievable and super powerful. I am so happy I had Leah’s support every step of the way to help me navigate through all the different states. Leah was with me completely – vocally, physically, and energetically. I highly recommend this experience for anyone who wants to open up new channels in themselves.” – Tal Siegler, Social Worker