An “Art Journal” is the same as a written journal, except that it incorporates colors, images, patterns and any other materials that you would like.
It is a form of creative Self-care where anything goes and you can express and explore feelings in a playful and creative way. Therapeutic Art for self expression and self healing!
The only thing you will need is an imagination and an open mind! Join Adriana Sandoval and Bagua Center and activate your creativity!
“Unfold your own Myth” – Rumi
Materials that you might need:
- Paper or a drawing notebook (it can be your drawing journal to continue creating your own book of Life)
- Pencil and eraser
- Color pencils (or watercolors, crayons, markers)
- Glue stick
- Any other material that you would like
What you’ll learn
- Explore facets of your personality you never knew existed
- Use art as a means of self expression
- Create art without judgment
- Create art as a means for self healing and self discovery
- Enjoy art as a family/friends bonding exercise
- Build on your self esteem and increase your confidence levels
- Use art as a means of relaxation and to unwind
- Enjoy the benefits that creative art brings to our emotional and physical well being
- Use art for the purpose of active meditation/being present
- Learn many different techniques to use art for pure enjoyment and recreation