Making Your Own Crystal and Gem Elixirs
We are amazed as crystals and gems (which are well-polished crystals) hold special powers and abilities, but did you know that you can infuse the energy of crystals into the water? Crystal elixirs are made from water that has absorbed the vital and particular energy of the crystal or gem used. It also varies with the intention of the user in making the elixir, which can be for healing, balancing and a lot more. You can read this in our previous blog, Crystals 101 to get the skinny on the basics or check out Crystal Grids 101 to learn how you can combine crystals for enhanced healing.
Intention and Crystals
In getting started, begin with an intention in mind. What is your purpose in making your own elixir? Gather the crystals whose energies that you want to entrain your water. You can combine 3 or fewer crystals of the same type for a perfect healing combination. This way, you can prevent crystal chaos. Choose tumbled crystals where pieces won’t chip off. Properly research the crystal you want to use, if it’s safe to put in water. If not, you can use the indirect method, which we’ll elaborate later on.
- One clean large glass container (eg. glass bowl)
- Another glass container that can be sealed (smaller than your first glass container) – for indirect method
- Two clean, dark colored glass bottles (one larger, one smaller)
- A clean glass dropper
- Spring or distilled water
- Vodka (80 proof or higher) or vinegar– a preservative and to fix crystal vibrations
- An area with ample amount of sunlight/moonlight or just a sacred space for yourself which could be indoors/outdoors.
One step at a time
- Clean the crystals that you’ll be using, physically and energetically. There are actually various methods of cleaning such as exposure to sunlight/moonlight, earth/sand burial, or under running cold water.
- Bring your prepared crystals and other materials to your allotted space. Relax and clear your mind. Say out loud your intention for this elixir. Ask the Divine and crystals for assistance in making the elixir that it would benefit the one’s who will use it.
- Prepare your clean large glass container. Fill with water halfway and slowly place the crystals. Cover with cheesecloth and expose under direct sunlight/moonlight, or you could place it in your sacred space.
Note: In this step, if ever your crystal is not safe to be placed in water, you place the crystals inside the smaller glass container. Seal it properly and make it stable. Then, slowly fill the large glass container with water. Thus, the substances from the crystal are sealed but the water is still exposed to its vibration energy.
- Again, state your intent out loud. And ask for the divine guidance and the crystal’s assistance in making this elixir.
- Let the glass containers stay under the sunlight/moonlight or sacred space for four hours and more still covered with cheesecloth.
- Then, remove the smaller container. From the large glass container pour carefully the charged water into your large dark colored glass bottle filling halfway, now your stock or mother essence. Fill in the remaining half with vodka or vinegar. Seal properly.
- A small amount of stock goes to the smaller dark colored bottle for usage with a dropper. You may dilute it with the spring or distilled water if desired. Once done, be thankful for the divine guidance and the crystal’s assistance. Make sure to seal and keep it properly.
Crystal healing is a fun and safe way to explore what nature has. It is a good adjunct therapy for any illness both at the spiritual and energetic level. Explore more about the different crystals that might suit your needs and be updated with all the possible opportunities for healing that you might get. Visit Bagua Center to find the perfect tools and guides to compliment your healing journey.
Let’s Celebrate Our Journey Together
We encourage you to bring you favorite crystals, instruments, and any other items of blessings to our Annual Autumn Equinox : Inner Transformation event on September 22nd, 2016. We’ve curated the perfect blend of teachers, guides, practitioners, and healers to celebrate with you all of the hard work you’ve been doing to discover your path. On this day, we bring together the spiritual community in love and light as we welcome in the new season with blessings and intent for inner transformation.
With Valeria Tignini and Brian Satori Piergrossi, each offering a unique transformative energy healing workshop in September, we encourage you to listen to you highest calling for alignment and growth. These teachers come specifically to Miami from their homes to share their experiences in personal development, spiritual and emotional growth and so much more.